Let me explain my qs a little bit. It's written in the very beginning of
section
1.4.2: "typically implemented in a browser using a scripting   language such as
JavaScript".

That phrase, step C and knowledge about how browser redirects are usually
implemented made me think that:

1. A server sends a redirect to a browser using something like this in response:

HTTP/1.x 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://www.google.com? access_token=123

2. When the browser sees the response, it will go to the URI provided in the
Location header without asking any further questions.

At want point and how are you going to get rid of access token?