Sounds great Eran,

> 1. Add a parameter to the token response to include an extensible token
> scheme.

Yes. I suggest a parameter named "scheme". The value can be an HTTP
authentication scheme name (eg "scheme":"BASIC") for which the response is
providing credentials. Not all possibilities are HTTP authentication schemes
but they can be assigned pseudo-HTTP-auth-scheme-names (eg "scheme":"TLS-PSK").

> The default (if omitted) will be whatever the bearer token scheme is called.

May as well include the bearer token scheme name (ie don't bother with a
default). Might even be convenient to use the scheme name as a JSON key in a
token response.

  "credentials":{

    "bearer":{"token":"54er"},

    "basic":{"userid":"jim","password":"beer2"} }

> 2. Break the core specification into multiple parts.

Yes. Hopefully the "using a token" parts don't have to be OAuth-specific. They
might not even use the term "token". A signature spec could use an "id" and
"key", without caring whether or not those items came from a "getting a token"
response or from a config file.

> 3. Introduce two signature proposals in one or more documents, for the JSON
> token and 1.0a-like method.

Yes. Separate docs for each signature proposal sounds best to me.

> --- Benefits

> 2. Solve a few open issues:

> * The need to decide on discovery for the entire protocol (moves it to each
> scheme).

I don't think it removes much of the need for discovery.

Apps still need to discover that OAuth delegation can be used to access a
resource (and where to send the user). I suspect the token response performs
some of the discovery related to specific schemes (eg the response says "here
is a token to use with the 'BEARER' scheme", or "here is an id for this
delegation and a secret to used in signature scheme XYZ".

--

James Manger