Issue here is that guarantees (and what you want as a guarantee may not be what
somebody else wants) can vary depending on scenario and deployment.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard L. Barnes [mailto:rbar...@bbn.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 12:54 AM
To: tors...@lodderstedt.net
Cc: Anthony Nadalin; Tschofenig, Hannes; ab...@ietf.org; r...@ietf.org;
i...@ietf.org; sec...@ietf.org; web...@ietf.org; x...@ietf.org;
kit...@ietf.org; i...@iab.org Board; i...@ietf.org; oauth@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [secdir] [OAUTH-WG] ** OAuth Tutorial & OAuth Security Session **

I would say that the security considerations should be based on a model of
OAuth.  Start with a model of the protocol and the guarantees you want, then
explain how to use security mechanisms to achieve those guarantees.

I promised Hannes today to do a review of the current document (which I admit I
haven't read) and start on some security considerations from that perspective.
So expect that in the next few weeks.

--Richard