Options are:

1. Missing type response parameter means bearer token
2. Missing type response parameter means whatever the service default token
type is
3. Servers must include an explicit token type with each response, where each
token spec (bearer, signed, etc.) register their own type name
4. No token type. Type is determined by other attributes (such as secret and
hash algorithm name).

#1 and #3 are the most consistent with current design and best for interop. #1
requires no changes to -10 code, but leads to ugly spec organization (it links
the bearer token spec with the framework spec).

I'm strongly in favor of #3 as existing clients will ignore this and just
assume bearer. Any server introducing a new token type will need to change
clients anyway. Servers will need to be changed to add the new parameter but
that's a trivial change (and -11 includes some normative changes already - all
minor).

So +1 on #3 for me.

Please register your preference.

EHL