That's true for any normalization so not a valid issue (for this particular
question).

> Why not just pack the signed string in with the payload? You would then
> have rules on verification instead of normalization. The client gets to sign
> the
> raw URL (or whatever bits, really) however it wants to, and the server can
> decide if the signed bits adequately cover the full query or not.

Any duplication of HTTP request bits for the purpose of signatures (or MAC) is
a really bad idea (tm). This is my main objection to the JWT family of
proposals in which HTTP request components are duplicated in each request. Why
use any HTTP components at all? Just use one URI with GET for all your API
needs and define an internal signed structure for the request... If you do
that, you are basically moving away from REST and into SOAP. To me, this is a
very clear line - absolutely no duplication what-so-ever.

EHL