On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:44 AM, Lodderstedt, Torsten <
t.lodderst...@telekom.de> wrote:

> How shall the authorization server ensure that the calling client is a
> user-agent based app (i.e. a native app could impersonate an user-agent
> based app)?
>
> In my opinion, enforcing explicit user consent is the only way to prevent
> this kind of attack.

Native apps will require access to shared OS resources to retrieve the
access token if the redirect URI is a web location registered with the
proper web client.

If the Native app has such access, the native app can do far more
interesting things to compromise the users credentials directly.

No amount of protocol sophistication can address this.

> regards,
> Torsten.

Breno de Medeiros