Hi William

Agree it is a good definition but I am not sure we need to spell out more
details as we are trying to keep this section tight. Developers can look up
CSRF if they are unsure. However, I will add the example of how it can
happen

Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) is a web-based attack whereby HTTP
requests are transmitted from a user that the website trusts or has
authenticated _(e.g., via HTTP redirects or HTML forms)_. CSRF attacks on
OAuth approvals can allow an attacker to obtain authorization to OAuth
Protected Resources without the consent of the User.

Regards
Mark

"William J. Mills" <wmi...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote on 01/06/2011 00:17:44:

> "William J. Mills" <wmi...@yahoo-inc.com>

> Mark Mcgloin/Ireland/IBM@IBMIE, "oauth@ietf.org" <oauth@ietf.org>

> 01/06/2011 00:17

> Re: [OAUTH-WG] Draft 16 Security Considerations additions
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6265#section-8.2 has good text on CSRF
> definition, which I think is clearer.  Perhaps that can be used to
> touch up your first paragraph?

SHOULD