Yes, tone is important and I agree that this is a working group document and
should follow process.

This draft has shown practically no interest from this working group (last
count it was 3 people other than me). If there was no requirement from the AD
to include this as part of the OAuth 2.0 "package", it would have stayed as an
individual submission.

Given that this is largely my work (to-date) and that the working group
engagement is almost non-existent, moving forward is more likely going to come
from me putting forward proposals in the document with [[ Pending Consensus ]]
labels than from trying to get engagement. Unless the chairs are going to
actively poke the group to engage (which I have seen no sign of), I'm not
expecting much to change.

At this point we have established the practice of suggesting text within the
document itself as long as it is clearly marked and we have an open issue in
the tracker. I'm going to follow that practice and make the proposed changes in
order to move things along at a practical pace. I'll also adjust my tone to
address any concerns.

EHL