On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 22:19, Eran Hammer-Lahav <e...@hueniverse.com> wrote:

> [...]

That's what I said -- "no access to cookies". But since both requests
(the one requesting the auth endpoint and the one simulating the
"allow") are sent from the same user-agent, the cookies are handled by
the user-agent itself. The client just POSTs the request with the
appropriate parameters to the action endpoint of the form.

>> and launch it using the same HTTP framework/WebKit,
>> simulating the "Allow" button.
>
> This is still just a CSRF attack.

I think you may be right. I still believe this particular style of
attack on the authorization server is worth mentioning, be it in its
own separate section or under the existing CSRF section (as you
suggested).

-- Niv