Couple comments on the comments inline:

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 3:39 PM, Mike Jones <michael.jo...@microsoft.com> wrote:

> 4.1. Using Assertions for Client Authentication:  Comment on “client_id”:
> “It seems like a bad idea to have the client_id outside of the assertion.
> It’s either redundant or insecure.”

I tend to agree with this.  Now that treatment of client_id seems to
have stabilized in the core spec, this draft is probable due for some
reconciliatory changes around the parameter.

> 7.  Error Responses:  Comment on “Audience validation failed”: “Isn’t
> returning this kind of information just helping an attacker to hone their
> attack by trying various values and seeing what errors they get? I’m not
> sure how serious this threat is though. But I get nervous any time we leak
> data about security validation failures.”

Trying to walk the line between security and having useful feedback
available for troubleshooting during the early stages of deployments.
Given that there's a signature over the assertion, providing details
about other semantic validation issues doesn't seem like an issue to
me.  But I know that such information disclosure is usually considered
a no no in security related contexts.  Anyway, the error_description
parameter is optional so individual implementation/deployments can
make their own decisions about what, if anything, to put there and/or
when to put info there.