> I am sorry, but with this language this is a different spec with
> different compliance profiles and without supplying enough guidance
> for creating interoperable server implementations for common
> deployment models.

As I read this thread, I see two things come out clearly:

1. Eran didn't intend to make the change that some read into this, and

2. enough people interpret this as a change that Eran didn't intend
that it's worth fixing.

Everyone agrees on how it should be -- right?  So let's not worry
about whether the text is or isn't confusing, and instead focus on a
small change to the text that will keep the meaning that's intended
and that takes the confusion away from those who think something
drastic has changed.  That should be easy to do, and quick and
non-controversial to wrap up.

Barry