Hi Justin ...

In your application, to start things off, you fire off a web browser to the
authorization server's authorization endpoint. The user logs in to the
authorization server through the web browser, approves this copy of your app,
and gets redirected to "myapp://oauthcallback?code=basdf132". Your app grabs
the "myapp://" url and plucks the authorization code off the end of it. Your
app then takes that code and sends it in the background to the token endpoint
to exchange for a token.

<acl> this is the part I'm missing.  I understand how to get the authorization
code to the client ...  I think what you're saying is that when the client
present the access code to the token endpoint, that the token endpoint can
return either a SAML or JWT token?  Is the token endpoint typically part of the
Authorization Server?  Is the type of token returned (SAML/JWT/etc) depending
on the implementation and what is supported by different vendors and open
source, or is this required by the standard?  OAuth 2.0 doesn't really say a
whole lot about the actual access token.  Is this all considered out of band
from OAuth and a matter of implementation?  Btw ... I currently have two OAuth
implementations running in the lab ... an evaluation copy of PingFederate and
an open source stack (OpenAM). </acl>