Stephen Farrell wrote:

On 04/20/2012 03:40 PM, Michael Thomas wrote:
Why not MUST ASN.1 while you're at it? JSON has won in case
you'all haven't noticed it.

Well, I also remember when XML won over ASN.1, or
was that some RPC thing? Seems like a new format wins
about every five years or so, once the last winner
gets enough crap added. (JSON pointer seems like the
start of a nice slippery slope to me.)

I've no opinion as to what should be MTI here however,
just a side comment.

As a producer of schemas for my own purposes, I always feel like I'm
likely doing something wrong when I hack up XML, and I'm most likely
right since I haven't -- and don't want to -- read half of the RFC's.
Not so with JSON. I read 4627 through and thought -- groovy, nothing
more than meets the eye! It's impossible to sin!

Mike, and yes JSON will turn to crap if it gets loved to death