Hi Michiel,

I'm fine with both suggestions (also mentioning CORS or not mentioning JSONP). What do my co-authors and other WG members think?

regards,
Torsten.

Am 29.05.2012 14:10, schrieb Michiel de Jong:
Hi Torsten,

No, it should indeed work fine with CORS. CORS is supported by IE8+,
FF, Chrome, Safari and Opera12+ (with limited error handling and
limited verb support in IE8 and IE9, but with POST you should be safe
afaik).

Note that if you want to support this in combination with implicit
grant flow (unhosted html5 apps), then you need CORS.

Which made me wonder why you are mentioning JSONP at all? Mentioning
JSONP as a 'MAY' but not mentioning CORS could send people in the
wrong direction IMO. So I would rename the section 'JSONP' to 'CORS
and JSONP', or in general, 'Cross-Origin support', and then start with
a sentence like:

"The revokation end-point SHOULD support CORS if it is aimed at use in
combination with the implicit-grant flow. For other flows, it is still
recommended(?) to support CORS. In addition, for interop with legacy
user-agents, it MAY offer JSONP. Clients should be aware that when
relying on JSONP, the revokation end-point MAY ;) inject malicious
code into the client."

You can tell i don't speak spec lingo, but i hope i'm sort of getting
my point across, that IMO, CORS is better here than JSONP.

Or: simply not mention JSONP at all. Would that be an option?

Cheers,
Michiel

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Torsten Lodderstedt