It's officially still "up in the air", as the WG and its chairs are trying to
figure out whether the MAC draft is worth resurrecting as-is or if there's
another, more general solution to signing-based tokens that can work.

Current thinking, after a session at an IIW earlier today on this very topic,
seems to be that there may be room for several parallel token types to address
different use cases. But, like I said, we all still have to iron that out.

My personal preference would be to take the MAC draft, clean it up, and get it
finished ASAP while other drafts, like several holder-of-key ideas, also get
worked out.

 -- Justin