We are working with one of our users on the support for pre-authorized tokens which can be checked by AS at the initial end user redirection to this AS before requesting the end-user authorization.

My assumption is that if the pre-authorized token exists then the client provided scope, if any, is basically ignored, because the end user has already pre-authorized a given client with a specific token which will have a scope set as requested by the end user at the pre-authorization time.

Is that right ? IMHO yes and the best AS can do in this case is simply log what scope the client is actually requesting but reply with the token containing the pre-authorized scope, please correct me if not

thanks, Sergey