I agree that “URI” should be changed to “value” for audience in the
Assertions Spec (draft-ietf-oauth-assertions) as well as the JWT
incarnation of it (draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-bearer).  The SAML incarnation
(draft-ietf-oauth-saml2-bearer) should probably keep URI because that's how
the core SAML specification (saml-core-2.0-os) defines audience.