But it's already not a fully RESTful setup, and it's not really meant to
be as it stands. I realize that's how the original UMA registration spec
did things, but the rest of OAuth doesn't work that way. I would rather
it be parallel with the rest of the framework, all ideals aside.

Which brings us back to my original point: OAuth2 does a pretty good job
at splitting up different endpoints for different functions. That's what
I'm asking here, more than anything else. Do we want to define three
endpoints:

- client registration endpoint
- client update endpoint
- client secret rotation endpoint

As opposed to a single registration endpoint with a switch?

-- Justin