Rather surprised (and pleased) to see a reference to the UAA here, but I would like to make a quick clarification.

Justin, I think we concluded that what the UAA is doing is static client registration via SCIM extensions, not dynamic client registrations. The UAA has been serving OAuth2 and SCIM requests in the cloudfoundry.com PaaS for over a year now -- there was no client registration standard at that time, and SCIM provides what we need.

I agree with your point that we should not invent unnecessary standards, and SCIM is working quite well for us in combination with OAuth2 for static client registrations. That said, I expect we will have a future need for dynamic client registrations and that there may be some significant differences.

And my preference would also be json in and json out.

--Dale