One question though: How exactly would the client, a software application, agree to the TOS? Is it supposed to fetch the content of the tos_url and do some processing on it? I wasn't under the impression that the tos_url contents were machine readable. Is it supposed to present that to the user somehow? It seems that's a better thing for the server to do at Authorization time, since it's got the user's attention.

Remember, this is meant to be for *automated* registration. The developer of the Client has no say at this stage of the game.

So, I think this is a bit of a red herring, to be honest.

 -- Justin