Because we're goign to want a single implementation, not N.

________________________________
 From: Tim Bray <twb...@google.com>
To: William Mills <wmills_92...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Torsten Lodderstedt <tors...@lodderstedt.net>; IETF oauth WG
<oauth@ietf.org>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 8:49 AM
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] Minutes from the OAuth Design Team Conference Call -
11th February 2013

Not deeply acquainted with the Flickr scenario, but it occurs to me to ask: If
OAuth 1.0 is working well for them, why don’t they just keep using it?  I.e. if
there’s already a good solution in place for people who require secure
authn/authz over insecure channels, why would we go the extra work of
duplicating that in OAuth 2 territory? -T