Phil

On 2013-05-20, at 8:45, Justin Richer <jric...@mitre.org> wrote:

> On 05/17/2013 07:29 PM, Phil Hunt wrote:
>> He's saying every client gets a registration token and a client token.
> What's a "client token", exactly? There are three potential places for OAuth
> tokens in and around dynamic registration, and none of them are called
> "client token".

<ph> i meant client credential. Client token is obviously a type of client
cred.

> 1) The registration access token, which binds a "client" (or "instance of a
> client", if you will) to a set of registration information at a specific
> authorization server. The client uses this to call its Client Information
> Endpoint to do updates, refreshes, and potentially delete itself. This token
> is *only* good at this Client Information Endpoint, and nowhere else. This
> token is specific to the registration it represents.

<ph> This is not apparent at all. No more than binding the registration to the
client credential since the implication is one reg -> one client cred and one
reg token.

John Bradley has brought up seemingly other scenarios that would not bind but
rather associates a dev or an admin to a reg. i may be wrong. I have not had
time to consider his explanations yet.

What seems clear is that there is confusion as to the purpose and role for this
token and what the use cases are for registration.

My plan is to review and suggest clarifying text and changes if necessary this
week.