Hi Phil,

you are right that I should have used different terminology, such as the classification that Justin uses in his document (such as 'open registration', 'protected registration') since the term 'enterprise' and 'web' carries a lot of other emotions and baggage that is not relevant to this discussion.

What would be good to ensure is that we capture the different classes.
We have at least the following cases:

* Out-of-band registration of the developer and the client (as we have it with many deployments of OAuth 2.0 today).

* Open Registration (where there is no prior interaction between the RP and the IdP).

* Then, there is a mixed case (where I would include your softare statements) where other information is used for authorizing the client (or client instance).

[The difficulty I had writing these cases while at the same time looking at draft-richer-oauth-dyn-reg-core-00 tells me that the major differences between the different cases are not immediately visible from Appendix B of draft-richer-oauth-dyn-reg-core-00 even though there is a lot of text.]

In some sense you have tried your own version of this classification in the software statement document, but as I had noted in my review, I believe you are also not quite there yet.

Ciao
Hannes