We may speculatively satisfy google and upset even more developers by creating
more options. I think google eng should be more directly involved in this
discussion and make the case.

That said, i do agree with John's analysis that some clients don't benefit.
Just worry that the downgraded google option will always tend to be used. I
would prefer to go with a single more secure alg as the common solution.

Phil