It is true that a AS cannot tell what instance of a native client it is issuing
a token to via the redirect URI.

10.16 is only talking about an attack on the client based on a lack of audience
information.

If there is a security consideration around AS differentiating between
instances of public clients that should be documented separately.
It might be possible using dynamic registration to give each instance of a
client a separate client_id but I don't think that is manageable if the AS
needs to maintain state for each client_id.

Depending on the threat we are trying to mitigate using the forthcoming Proof
of Possession spec to bind tokens to specific client instances may be a
solution.

I think the issues need to be kept separate.

John B.