From: OAuth [mailto:oauth-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Hannes Tschofenig
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 5:09 AM
To: oauth@ietf.org
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Assertions: Client authentication for non-token endpoints?

Hi all,

in a discussion about re-using the client authentication part of the assertion
framework for other specifications currently in progress I ran into the
following question:

Section 6.1 of
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-assertions-15 talks about the
client using the assertion with the **token endpoint**.

Now, it appears that one cannot use the client authentication with other
endpoints, such as the introspection endpoint defined in
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-richer-oauth-introspection-04#section-2

Am I reading too much into Section 6.1 of the assertion draft?

Ciao
Hannes