Anil,

the challenge is that OIDC is a rather large set of specifications, and to my knowledge even the core specification has NOT found a complete implementation at any large IdP. I am not talking here about boutique toolkits or startups, I am talking about the folks who have 100s of millions of users. And, BTW, implementing a few arbitrarily selected features from OIDC is not the same as implementing OIDC.

As we all know, the core problem is that of adding an authenticator token to OAuth flows, which is a rather modest extension to OAuth.

I had personally requested the OIDC community about six months ago to describe some minimal subset which we could all reasonably implement. I was told that the specification was "locked down" and fully debugged and so on, so no changes could be made. Imagine my surprise to find that in the final drafts there was a whole new flow - the hybrid flow - that had been added at the last minute. I had never heard of the hybrid flow in the OAuth context - have you? So now you have an even larger specification!

The value of draft-hunt-oauth-v2-user-a4c-01 is that it describes precisely a minimal extension to OAuth flows to support an authenticator token. In my experience, this is the subset that most customers and implementors are looking for.

- prateek

Tony/Phil,
  any chance you can have this work done at OIDC?

The reason is that it is commonly understood/accepted now that OAuth provides authorization related specs while authentication/profile
related specs are coming from OIDC (which builds on top of OAuth2).

Regards,
Anil