Thanks for your review, Richard.  I'm replying to your DISCUSS about the
audience being required below...

                                -- Mike

Sure, this is to prevent a legitimate assertion intended for one authorization
server being captured by the attacker and sent to a different authorization
server.  Unless there's an audience for the authorization server to check,
there's no way for the authorization server to reject assertions intended to be
used by a different server.  Using the audience is the normal way to prevent
this attack.

> The Audience is only necessary if the Issuer wishes to constrain the set of
> Authorization Servers with which an assertion may be used.  So ISTM that this
> should be "MAY contain..."

Constraining the set to the intended server is basic to the security
guarantees.  If I can take a server intended for server1 and get server2 to
accept it, all security bets are off.