That is one of the place that using a POP mechanism may be useful.  If the
client has established a key with the AS that issued the original token say via
PKCE then,  then it may be possible to bind the token being exchanged to the
party exchanging it even if the exchanger has no pre exchanged credentials with
the token exchange endpoint.

In the ACDC proposal part of profiling the assertion exchange was to require
that they be POP tokens using PKCE as the confirmation method.

I would like to think that the ACDC use case is something that can be addressed
by the final token exchange spec.

In OAuth and Connect we have three entities that receive tokens.
1, User agents:  code, token, id_token (any of them might be PoP using token
binding)
2, Clients:  code (pop via PKCE) Refresh tokens (pop via Token binding?),
access tokens (pop via the OAuth POP spec) , id_tokens (token binding via
browser)  ,  jwt or other assertions (?)
3 Resource Server:  Access tokens ( these might be bound to the Audience of the
token for exchange)

To the original question.   The client might use dynamic client registration,
or it might use PKCE.

 In the PKCE case if the AT a POP token and the client uses it’s POP key to
prove it it’s identity then it should be able to introspect the token.
Though from a spec point of view there are admittedly still some gaps in doing
that at the moment.

John B.