Okay, if the intent is for this endpoint to be used by the resource server,
this all makes sense. I was under the impression that it could also be used
by clients to verify if the token is valid. Is there some other spec I
could look at that is intended to be used by clients to verify if a token
is valid and find out the user ID associated with it?

----
Aaron Parecki
aaronparecki.com
@aaronpk <http://twitter.com/aaronpk>