I'm not personally convinced that it's possible to boil it down to "domain checking". That said, we probably should start a new thread with use cases:)

On 3/17/16 12:34 PM, Phil Hunt wrote:
+1 for Nat's last few emails (avoiding generating too much traffic :-).

Re: below, this is where I was thinking of masking/filter in bound config. The main thing that needs to be checked at configuration time is whether the client has a valid set of server host names to prevent a malicious proxy.

So all the examples you mention below do boil down to https://example.org or https://example.com

It’s not that the AS needs to return them. It simply needs to match them. If one of them matches, then the oauth config can be returned.

I do agree re-directs (of the ESPN scenario) can become an issue if a discovery system matches on *.example.com <http://example.com>. It presumes there are no open redirect servers in the example.com <http://example.com> domain. As I mention in another email, we should discuss what happens when any oauth connection is redirected. Should the client re-validate the configuration?

Phil

@independentid
www.independentid.com <http://www.independentid.com>
phil.h...@oracle.com <mailto:phil.h...@oracle.com>