On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 1:50 PM George Fletcher <gffle...@aol.com> wrote:

> I was thinking of goal #2 as addressing the issue of audience in the
> token. If the RS "authenticates" itself when calling introspection, then
> the AS could apply the audience restriction for the RS. Is that what you
> were thinking?

Yes (or I think so).
Scopes are declared in relation to "applications" (which can be either
clients or RS), and our introspection endpoint returns {"active":false} if
there's no matching scopes between what the "application" has declared and
those of the token.
We actually do "scope restriction" (only returning the scopes related to
the requesting application), with the added rule that if there's no scope
left we return {"active":false} rather than an empty list of scopes.