Hi all,

today we discussed the OAuth Authorization Server Mixup draft. We were
wondering what types of threats the document should find solutions for.

We discussed various document handling approaches including
 * OAuth Mix-Up and Cut-and-Paste attacks documented in separate
solution documents
 * combined solution document covering the OAuth Mix-Up and the
Cut-and-Paste attacks.

Barry pointed out that these documents could update the OAuth base
specification.

As a more radical change it was also suggested to revise RFC 6749 "OAuth
2.0 Authorization Framework" and RFC 6819 "OAuth 2.0 Threat Model and
Security Considerations".

Opening up the OAuth base specification obviously raises various other
questions about cleaning up parts that go far beyond the AS mix-up and
the cut-and-paste attacks. Other specifications, such as the Open
Redirector, could be folded into such a new specification.

Derek and I would appreciate your input on this topic before we make a
decision since it has significant impact on our work.

Ciao
Hannes & Derek