I sat down with the two Microsoft teams that have implementations of the OAuth
Device Flow and compared what they currently have built to
draft-ietf-oauth-device-flow.  Here's some data that we assembled...

One of the two implementations has an optional "message" parameter containing
text that is to be shown to the user.  This one also uses a "mkt" parameter to
indicate the locale of the message (as opposed to, for instance, ui_locales).
The developers want to know what the working group thinks of the possibility of
supporting some kind of a "message" parameter.

The developers would like an example in the spec that shows the use of simple
polling.

We are using the "device_code" grant type.  The token request is missing from
the spec, including the grant type being missing from the spec.

One implementation adds two new errors: auth_pending and expired_device_code.
(The spec uses authorization_pending.)  This implementation also uses the
access_denied error defined by RFC 6749.

The other uses authorization_pending, code_expired, and authorization_declined.
 The developers agreed that authorization_declined should become access_denied.
 That implementation hasn't implemented slow_down.

The developers wanted to ask what the right code expiration error code is.
They felt that invalid_grant may be a bit too broad.

Our requests in both implementations do match the specification.

Our implementations currently use verification_url instead of verification_uri.
 This should be changed to verification_uri to match IETF naming practices.

Our default expires_in is 900 (15 minutes).  Our default interval is 5 seconds.

Both implementations do intend to migrate to the syntax in the eventual final
specification.

                                                          -- Mike