For our IDP [1], our javascript library uses the auth code flow, but requires a public client, redirect_uri validation, and also does CORS checks and processing. We did not like Implicit Flow because

1) access tokens would be in the browser history

2) short lived access tokens (seconds or minutes) would require a browser redirect

I'd be really curious to hear other's thoughts though.

[1] http://keycloak.org