Hi all,

I have an use case where I would like to return signed JWTs from the
authorization server’s introspection endpoint. In this case, I would like to
give the resource server evidence about the fact the AS minted the access token
and is liable for its contents (verified person data used to create a qualified
electronic signature).

Although token introspection more or less provides the RS with the content of a
JWT, RFC 7662 only supports plain JSON. I talked to Justin and his
recommendation was to use use a  header “accept: application/jwt” to ask the AS
for a signed JWT as response instead of "application/json“. We could do this
but clearly it would be a proprietary solution.

I would like to know whether anyone else has the same or similar requirements
and whether it would make sense to specify an extension to RFC 7662 for JWT

I’m looking forward to get you feedback.

kind regards,
Torsten.