What is the expectation if the RS requests a signed JWT response but the AS doesn't support it? Should getting a signed response require both? (meaning the Accept header and an AS config that that RP wants it)? That may be the safest from a backward compatibility perspective.

I have some concerns around relying on 'iss' and 'aud' to prevent abuse and wonder if a JWT Header claim describing the context of the JWT might be better.

Thanks,
George