差出人: internet-dra...@ietf.org
送信日時: 日曜日, 10月 21, 2018 11:17 午後
宛先: Nat Sakimura; John Bradley
件名: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-17.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-17.txt
has been successfully submitted by Nat Sakimura and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq
Revision: 17
Title: The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework: JWT Secured Authorization Request
(JAR)
Document date: 2018-10-21
Group: oauth
Pages: 27
Htmlized: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-17
Htmlized: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq
Diff: https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-17

Abstract:
The authorization request in OAuth 2.0 described in RFC 6749 utilizes
query parameter serialization, which means that Authorization Request
parameters are encoded in the URI of the request and sent through
user agents such as web browsers. While it is easy to implement, it
means that (a) the communication through the user agents are not
integrity protected and thus the parameters can be tainted, and (b)
the source of the communication is not authenticated. Because of
these weaknesses, several attacks to the protocol have now been put
forward.

This document introduces the ability to send request parameters in a
JSON Web Token (JWT) instead, which allows the request to be signed
with JSON Web Signature (JWS) and encrypted with JSON Web Encryption
(JWE) so that the integrity, source authentication and
confidentiality property of the Authorization Request is attained.
The request can be sent by value or by reference.

The IETF Secretariat