On zondag 5 mei 2019 15:54:48 CEST you wrote:
> On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 9:39 AM Emond Papegaaij <emond.papega...@gmail.com>
> > To summarize, I have to following questions:
> >  - Is the 'OAuth 2.0 Token Exchange' specification still active?
>
> Yes with the caveats mentioned above. I will say that although there's a
> lot of work required for the document, none of it is likely to result in
> functional changes so I don't anticipate anything breaking at this point.

Good to hear, because IMHO it really adds value to OAuth 2.0.

> > - Can 'audience' be added to 'Resource Indicators for OAuth 2.0'?
>
> No, that's beyond it's current scope. And it is well past last call in the
> WG. But note that a logical identifier can be used as the value of the
> resource parameter.

Would you recommend to put the AWS entity id in the resource parameter on the
authorize request then? I need a way to inform the authorization server that
the client wants a token for a different service to allow the authorization
server to prompt the user for correct consent.

I like the 'audience' parameter defined by the token exchange specification,
because it really fits the purpose I'm looking for. However, I also like to
keep the authorization request and token request similar. It looks wrong to
ask for authorization for 'resource' X and later on request a token for
'audience' X.

Best regards,
Emond Papegaaij