Taka,

My reading is that the device flow, like other OAuth flows, does not prohibit
extension, including passing back identity assertions like the ID Token. Since
it inherits the token response from core OAuth 2, the ID Token could be issued
along side the access token just like in the authorization code flow.The user
is present and interacting at the AS in both cases. In fact, I’d say that there
are enough similarities between the two that for the most part it should “just
work” and fit the assumptions of most clients. That said, it’s technically true
that there is no defined profile for the combination of the device flow and
OIDC, but if something like that were to be written it would be better fit to
the OpenID Foundation.

— Justin

On Jun 20, 2019, at 6:32 PM, Takahiko Kawasaki