Ya, this part is confusing. I didn't get it at first either.

The response to registration using RFC 7591 (authenticated with an initial
token or not) typically includes a registration access token; this metadata
isn't defined in RFC 7591 but discussed in section 1.3; that spec leaves
the metadata out of scope. It is, however, profiled in section 3.2 of OIDC
DCR (see registration_access_token in section 3.2 available at
https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-registration-1_0.html#RegistrationResponse).
With this, the client can update its registration according to RFC 7592
(DCRM). When it does so, the AS will typically return a new registration
token with each reply. This update process is described in section 5 of
DCRM.