Can the keys in the document at the jwks_uri indicate what they are for?
Either by adding other top-level properties next to "keys" or by specifying
a property on a key itself? At least that way implementations that expect
just one value of jwks_uri wouldn't have to change.

Aaron

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 12:16 PM Dick Hardt <dick.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes. Thanks for clarifying.
> ᐧ
>
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 10:14 AM Torsten Lodderstedt <
> tors...@lodderstedt.net> wrote:
>
>> You mean additional JWKS URIs, for example?
>>
>> Am 10.01.2020 um 19:09 schrieb Dick Hardt <dick.ha...@gmail..com
>> <dick.ha...@gmail.com>>:
>>

>> Perhaps I am misunderstanding what Annabelle was getting at, but having
>> more than one key in the metadata document would solve the the issue. IE,
>> extensions would define their own key instead of using the same one.
>>
>> The metadata document itself was an extension.

>>> Provider, and the access token is being defined. These extensions have
>>> assumed all of this functionality is a monolith.

>>> but design future extensions so that an implementation can separate duties
>>> if desired.
>>>
>>> How do you envision this to work? As you said, OAuth 2.0 is built on the
>>> assumption the AS is (at least logically) a monolith. All extension were
>>> built on that underlying assumption. I don’t see how an arbitrary extension
>>> can relax that assumption and still be compatible with the rest (just
>>> revisit the discussion re PAR and keys).
>>>
>>> I think we should accept this design assumption, in the same way we
>>> should accept form encoding as request format instead of JSON, for OAuth
>>> 2.0 extensions.
>>>
>>> OAuth 3.0 could explicitely be developed with different architectures in
>>> mind.

----
Aaron Parecki
aaronparecki.com