Well, kinda. People can still theoretically use OAuth 1 too, but the world has
moved on - software has dropped support for it, websites don’t support it, and
so on.

I’m a bit confused about what OAuth 2.1 is intended to be. If it’s not a new
version of OAuth (“obsoletes” the old RFC), then is not just another BCP? If it
is a new version and it removes grant types (OAuth 3.0?) then that effectively
has the same impact as removing them from OAuth 2.0, unless we’re envisioning
some way for a client to negotiate version 2.0 support from an AS?

— Neil