Do you mean different requests should have the same jti value for better
security?

It is not good that RFC 7662 has chosen "jti" as a property to hold the
identifier for an access/refresh token although the format of introspection
"token_id" or something similar, the problem we are discussing now would
not happen.

Because "jti" has a special meaning in JWT and
draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-introspection-response tries to return introspection

Not only "jti" but also other properties defined in RFC 7662 that have
special meanings in JWT (that is, "jti", "exp", "iat", "nbf", "sub", "aud"
and "iss") may have problems, too. The namespaces should be separated as
you suggested "underlying_access_token", but because not only access tokens
but also refresh tokens may be passed to the introspection endpoint, a
better name should be chosen.

Taka