Hi Aaron,

What we are planning to build is a Public first party client. As per the
spec the client secret is optional for Password Grant. Hence we choose to
use a common client_id across all the devices. The first party client on
every device  will get the  common client_id through our proprietary API.
We found this as a difference between Password Grant and Client credentials
grant. We could be wrong but this is our interpretation.  This way we could
make use of the rest of the benefits that OAuth provides around access
tokens

Thank You,

Beena