I think publishing supported “type” parameters isn’t a bad idea, and it aligns
with publishing supported scopes and claims in discovery.

I have always seen the resource indicators work as providing a more specific
dimension to the requests that scopes didn’t allow to be described very well,
pointing at a specific RS instead of just “some kind of access”, so I’m not
sure how they’re a testament to name spacing issues with scopes. Can you help
me understand here?

I do think that if nothing else we can give better guidance in RAR as to what
the “type” field is. I do think it should still just be a string, but we can
help people make better decisions about what to put in that string.

 — Justin