Robert Wilton has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-introspection-response-10: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-jwt-introspection-response/

DISCUSS:

Hi,

Thank you for this document.

I have a  couple of process related questions regarding the legal aspects
considered in chapter 9 on privacy that I would like to discuss with the other
ADs on the telechat (hence raising it as a Discuss).

My two questions are:

(1) Is it appropriate for an RFC to specifying requirements relating to legal
issues and laws?  Note, I think that the guidance that is provides is really
helpful and should be included in the document, but I'm a bit concerned as to
whether a standards track RFC should be stating formal requirements/constraints
related to enforcing legal requirements rather that providing non-normative
guidance.

(2) Related to the first question, if the IESG believes believes that providing
such requirements is okay, a further question is whether using RFC 2119
language is appropriate, or whether this should use regular English?

An example from section 9:

   The AS MUST ensure a
   legal basis exists for the data transfer before any data is released
   to a particular RS.  The way the legal basis is established might
   vary among jurisdictions and MUST consider the legal entities
   involved.

Regards,
Rob