Hello,

As an implementor, I considered that JWT is a way to serialize token claims
so for me - JWT Profile for OAuth 2.0 Access Tokens became Rich Token
Profile for OAuth 2.0 Access Tokens.
I have implemented different token encoders (JWT / CWT / PASETO / Macaroon)
which are all finally just rich tokens (with claims) encoded using a
defined transport format.

Rich Tokens (authorization by value/claims) are the opposite of flat tokens
(opaque tokens for authorization by reference).

Regards,

Le ven. 2 avr. 2021 à 21:18, <vittorio.bertocci=40auth0....@dmarc.ietf.org>
a écrit :

> Hi Nikos,
> Thanks for looking into this!
> The profile aims at reflecting currently adopted practice as much as it is
> viable, and the overwhelming majority of the use cases involving access
> tokens today relies on bearer tokens.
> Note: although there's no practical difference between versions in the
> matter you brought up here, in general I recommend referring to the latest
> draft: we are currently on version 12
> (https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-access-token-jwt-12).

Thibault Normand
"Il existe moins bien mais c'est plus cher !"
http://www.zenithar.org