Dear Aaron and esteemed members,

1. It was good to note that we are planning to simplify the definitions of
confidential and public clients in the new specs. However, my thoughts are
that instead of these definitions which are open to interpretation, we can
work on these two options:

*Option I*:
2. We can define the client applications in terms of trust assurance
levels. The trust assurance level will determine the ability of the
application to acquire delegated authorization rights (permitted scopes)
for a longer duration.

(a) *Trust Assurance Level 0*. This is the minimum trust assurance level.
The application does not have means of mutual identification and
authentication. The delegated authorization rights would be restricted to a
minimum level of permissions (scopes). The lifespan of the delegated
authorization rights (in terms of access and refresh tokens) will be
minimal or for one time use only.

(b) *Trust Assurance Level 1*. The applications have the means of
establishing mutual identification and authentication. The delegated
authorization rights (scopes) will be more permissive in nature. The
lifespan of the authorization rights (in terms of access and refresh
tokens) will be of a more persistent nature.

*How Does this help?*
3. We are moving from the less formal classification and interpretation of
client applications to a more robust definition based on the principles of
mutual identification and authentication.

4. It can additionally form the basis of DPoP.

*Option II:*
5. In the main meeting we discussed the possibility of moving towards a
uniform OAuth flow by converting public apps to confidential apps. We need
more discussions on the same.

Regards and Best Wishes
Jaimandeep Singh